Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Mothman Sightings In Kentucky

Theres been a new wave of Mothman sightings in the small town of Pikeville, KY. More than seven eye witnesses have came forward with bizarre stories of encounters with the bird man creature. Helen Bevel said she was walking her dog at about 10 pm on Tuesday night (8/12/2008) when her dog stopped dead in its tracks after sensing something. After a few short minutes a tall bird like creature stumbled from the bushes, she said. "It stopped and looked straight at me. It had giant red glowing eyes, and must have been over seven feet tall. I ran as fast as I could back to the house with the dog howling the whole way." Ms Bevel said.

Later that night Zane Wilson a local deputy with the sheriffs department said he noticed what appeared to be a very tall man standing next to the road. "I stopped the cruiser and approached slowly. When the thing turned around it had piercing red eyes and extended some wing type structure which looked to be a span of more than ten feet. I unholstered my firearm and the thing started to walk towards me in a clumsy gate." Deputy Wilson said. "I told it to stop and when it didn't I emptied my revolver into its chest. I never even saw any indication of the rounds impacting. I couldn't get back to my car fast enough and get the hell out of there." the deputy still looked quit shaken while repeating his story.

Harley Foster said on Wednesday morning around 2am he was investigating some commotion out near his barn when he saw the creature. "It looked like some kind of big bird or something. The damn thing started to chase me. It was bobbing its head back and forth and hooting at me as I ran back to the house to get my rifle. It was gone when I returned. I don't know what the hell it was, but it seemed really pissed off." Mr. Foster was quoted as saying.

The Mothman became famous after it made headlines for numerous sightings in Point Pleasant, WV. during the summer of 1966. Point Pleasant is only about 100 miles north east of Pikeville. Sightings of a giant bird-man type creature have been around since ancient times and always described as a harbinger of future bad events in the area of sightings. The Silver Bridge collapsed killing 46 people in December 1966 in Point Pleasant. The Mothman was said to have been seen just prior to the collapse standing near the top of the bridge. After the tragedy the sightings mysteriously stopped.

The descriptions and drawings given in this latest rounds of sightings are eerily similar to the Point pleasant sightings.

SOURCE

1 comment:

  1. In reference to the Pikeville, KY part of the story: I just so happened to have a friend who was a deputy for the Pike County Sheriff's Department. He passed away in 2014. Eleven months before he passed, I asked him about the Pikeville Mothman Story. And he said that no deputy by that name had ever worked for the Pike County Sheriff's department.

    I'm not saying that perhaps the other parts of the story were not true; but the part about the deputy was fiction.

    ReplyDelete